The Revenue Side
(a) Tenant Selection Procedures, including
- Viewing available space with prospect.
- Discussion of prospect requirements.
- Ascertain nature of prospects business and special requirements as
they effect the building and the other tenants.
- Discuss lease term, required rental rates offered, tenant
incentives needed, etc.
- Discuss reason for moving from existing premises.
- Analyzing prospects impact on the building with number of employees, frequent use of elevators, etc., parking space requirements, HVAC use by hours of operation, environmental protection issues, etc.
(b) Lease Interpretation and Enforcement, including
- Use and occupancy permit follow-up.
- Insurance considerations for both landlord and tenant.
- Assignment or subletting considerations.
- Access and default follow-up
- Rent review and escalation procedure.
- Fixtures and improvements definitions.
- General enforcement of landlord lease specifications.
- Design of specific commercial or industrial leases should landlord not have a designed form.
(c) Rental Collection and reporting, including timely rental pick-up including security deposits from new tenants.
- Operating costs adjustment collection should the lease so specify.
- Deposit into trust account with reconciliation's and monthly statements provided.
- Timely monthly reporting to landlord on collections, arrears, tenant intentions or complaints, changes in tenant financial status, third party comments or concerns that could impact the property, etc.
- Scheduling and forecasting base rent revenues, C.A.M. and operating cost recoveries, vacancy losses, etc.